Helping develop future leaders.
Hub Foundation will award up to 15 scholarships to highly qualified applicants.
Our scholarship recipients receive $2,500, $5,000, $10,000 or $20,000.
Through our scholarship program we aim to support research on the harmony and dialogue of civilizations, rather than the clash of civilizations. We recognize the impact that academic scholarship related to Islam and Muslims has on shaping public perception and policy. Hub Foundation supports research that focuses on or includes Islam and Muslim voices or perspectives. We are also keen to support scholarship that explores local and inclusive expressions of American Islam, as well as historical and contemporary interactions between Muslims, Christians, Jews and others. Our goal is to help develop future scholars, teachers and leaders who can contribute to cross-cultural understanding and improving foreign and domestic relations.
Hub Foundation accepts scholarship applications from graduate and undergraduate students who study Islam and Muslims in the fields of Islamic Studies, Religious Studies, Comparative Religious Studies, Near or Middle Eastern Studies, Central and South Asian Studies, African Studies, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Law, Public Policy and Administration, Media, or Journalism.
- April 15, 2020 – Scholarship applications for 2020-21 are available
- July 1, 2020 – Application deadline
- August 15, 2020 – Our 2020-21 scholarship recipients or “Hub Scholars” will be announced
- Your studies and research focus on or include Islam and Muslim voices or perspectives
- Your major, field, or area of concentration includes one or more of the following: Islamic Studies, Religious Studies, Comparative Religious Studies, Near or Middle Eastern Studies, Central and South Asian Studies, African Studies, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Law, Public Policy and Administration, Media, or Journalism
- Enrolled at an accredited university or college in the United States by August 2019
- Graduate student or undergraduate (junior or senior) student
- Maintain a 3.5 grade point average
- Engaged in community service projects
Here is what you'll need
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae
- University or college transcripts
- A five to ten (5-10) page writing sample
- A one (1) page description of your major, thesis, or dissertation. Please include why you have chosen to study what you are researching
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Students can submit 2020-21 scholarship applications beginning on April 15, 2020.
Hub Scholars are distinguished recipients of our annual Hub Foundation scholarships. All of our Hub Scholars have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence and community service.